Take Five Daily

  • One thing that is spiritual
  • One thing that is emotional
  • One thing that is physical
  • One thing that is social.
  • The fifth thing is free.
  • Wednesday, June 27, 2007

    Feeling in Control

    I get anxiety when I feel that I'm not in control.

  • Trusty is out of my control.

  • I could spend more time training him.
    I could keep my stuff put away so he doesn't get it.

  • Having to be someplace at a given time (such as here, teaching) is kind of out of my control.

  • I try to limit the days I teach, but then someone goes fishing and their mother wants them to have a lesson on another day.
    I could say no to that.

    During the school year when I have to teach in the afternoon, it seems to help to plan some knitting time before and after the lessons so I have to be here to knit rather than to teach.

    If something is coming up later in the day, all I need to do is set a timer at the last minute to get ready for it and do my own thing until then. Currently what I do is stress out the whole day until it comes up.

    No comments: